Opportunities to continue to learn, grow, and transform are critical in today’s every changing world. We believe the following four broad categories will assist CSU employees in their continued development: Self Discovery, Interpersonal Skills, Team Effectiveness, and Systems Thinking.
Areas of Focus
Classes from each of the four categories are offered each fall, spring, and summer terms.
To see the latest offerings, visit our Events Calendar.
Multi-Day Professional Development Workshops
These classes are held over several days or months.
Crucial Conversations® is a 16-hour course that teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics — at all levels of your organization.
By learning how to speak and be heard (and encouraging others to do the same), you’ll begin to surface the best ideas, make the highest-quality decisions, and then act on your decisions with unity and commitment.
*There is a $239 course fee for Crucial Conversations. This fee must be paid before the first class starts.
Since Jan. 2014, more than 420 CSU employees have participated in this workshop.
Comments from participants:
- I find myself thinking about what we learned on a daily basis now. – Laura
- Gained additional skills that will make me more proficient with staff and managers. – Kevin
- Well-presented and easy to understand. – Gayle
- The videos were well done and helpful. – Kristi
Learn more about Crucial Conversations (external site)
Supervisor Development Program
Colorado State University recognizes the importance of the role of the supervisor to lead and inspire staff. The Supervisor Development Program was designed to help employees become effective and inspired supervisors for the betterment of themselves and their team members.
This is not a one-size-fits-all approach to supervision. The program is made up of foundation, core, and elective classes all designed to help you with your professional development as an individual and as a supervisor. The program is self-directed, so you decide what you want to take and when.
- The foundational courses set the groundwork for exploring and building strengths and interpersonal skills, and for understanding and applying fundamental concepts to create and manage effective teams.
- Core classes and elective classes cover topics ranging from providing feedback to building trust to situational leadership. These classes are chosen by each participant as part of their personal professional development plan.
The program will start in January 2017. Learn more.
Many departments at CSU offer training for faculty and staff on topics from career planning to course development to computer applications. Contact us if you need help finding the right course or department.
You may register for classes from HR and Business Financial Services through us.
Individual Professional Development Transcripts
You can print your transcript from the registration site.
- Go to the online registration site.
- Select Training and Organizational Development from the dropdown box.
- Log in with your eID.
- Select the My History tab.
- Right-click and select Print to print your transcript.